Re: [exim] spamd_address option in 4.50

Autor: Larry Rosenman
A: Jim Mozley
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] spamd_address option in 4.50
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Jim Mozley wrote:

> Just built 4.50 on Solaris 8 and used a config file from 4.44. I see the
> following error:
>
> # more exim_paniclog
> 2005-02-18 15:11:22 Exim configuration error in line 130 of
> /opt/exim/configure:
> main option "spamd_address" unknown
>
> In /opt/exim/configure I have:
>
> spamd_address = 127.0.0.1 8783
>
> In the distribution I don't see spamd_address in the src/configure.default
> file.
>
> Is this option supported with the "built in" exiscan or should I use
> something else? I checked the 4.50 spec.pdf and the option was listed.

did you enable EXISCAN?

# Compiling Exim with content scanning support: If you want to compile Exim
# with support for message body content scanning, set WITH_CONTENT_SCAN to
# the value "yes". This will give you malware and spam scanning in the DATA ACL,
# and the MIME ACL. Please read the documentation to learn more about these
# features.

WITH_CONTENT_SCAN=yes

# If you want to use the deprecated "demime" condition in the DATA ACL,
# uncomment the line below. Doing so will also explicitly turn on the
# WITH_CONTENT_SCAN option. If possible, use the MIME ACL instead of
# the "demime" condition.

WITH_OLD_DEMIME=yes

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler@???