Re: [exim] Accepting mail for one domain only

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Accepting mail for one domain only
Hello Carinus,

Carinus Carelse, 18.02.2005 (d.m.y):

> I want to set exim up so that it only accepts mail for one domain and
> not any domain. I have the following set up but it will still send mail
> to hotmail.com and I only want it to accept and relay for domain.com.
> The reason for this is I want to run two copies of exim one on the
> inside network card to send mail to the internet and one on the outside
> network to accept mail from the internet the outside card I don't want
> to accept mail for anything that is not meant for the inside network.
>
> Here is what I have so far.
>
> domainlist local_domains = domain.com
> domainlist relay_to_domains = domain.com

You don't need the second line.

> acl_check_rcpt:
>       accept domains = +local_domains : +relay_to_domains
>         accept hosts   = +relay_from_hosts

Just run a test with exim -bh. But from my point of view, your server
doesn't accept mails for any domain but local_domains.
The only exception is when mail is relayed via your server from
relay_from_hosts - but I think that is what you want...

Regards,
Christian Schmidt
--
Wer nicht sucht, wird bald nicht mehr gesucht.
        -- Jean Paul