Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4

Author: Karl Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4
Marc Haber wrote:

>>Umm... sarge still ships exim 3 as the 'exim' package.

That is misleading - the "exim4" package is installed by default on sarge for at
least the last year.

The "exim" package (exim3) is around to allow for orderly transitions from woody
to sarge. (You can keep you old exim3 config working long enough on sarge to
email for help for configuring exim4.) Anyway, Woody is supposed to be replaced
with Sarge (the soon to be new stable) "any day now".

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

I for one think exim is being steered quite well in cases of where to draw the
line between following the standards and making things work. In this case I hope
these voices are thought of as frustrated M$ users rather than Debian users.

I think Debian is where the heart and sole of the Linux world lives. The default
support of exim is one of the reasons we moved to Debian.

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@???
Transtronics, Inc.                   WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434