Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Marc Haber wrote:

> What I am asking is whether the exim community wants Debian to change
> default MTAs. I think we are pretty happy with exim.

I can't speak for the Exim community. For myself, I don't have an
opinion either way. I create software and make it available for people
to use or not use, as they choose. It is their choice. I'm happy if
people use my software, but I'm not bothered if they don't. (It doesn't
affect my income. :-)

I suppose what I do feel is that if Debian, or any other packager, wraps
Exim in some customized distribution and/or configuration method, then
that packager should provide an intermediate mailing list or whatever
for their users to ask questions, so that the non-generic problems are
filtered out, and only generic problems come upstream to the
"unpackaged" Exim list. Maybe you do this anyway? (I don't know.)

Incidentally, Debian is not unique. Every now and again somebody asks me
a question about PCRE as packaged inside PHP, sending me PHP examples.
As I know absolutely nothing about PHP, I usually can't help them.