Re: [exim] Greylisting

Author: WJCarpenter
Subject: Re: [exim] Greylisting
cs> Sure, but when using greylisting on the remote server, the local
cs> server is urged to queue the mail only because of the greylisting
cs> on the other hand side. And that's why I hold the opinion that the
cs> implementation of greylisting is somewhat equal to "wasting other
cs> people's resources".

There is no doubt about that. In a pre-spam world, it would be
incredibly rude to do that kind of thing. In the world we have now,
it's only worth being this little bit rude if the payoff is big. The
payoff is enormous at my site.

cs> Thank God there are several other means to fight spam using
cs> exim. ;-)

True enough.  We're still waiting for any spam solution that's a
silver bullet by itself.  (The Chief Software Architect of Microsoft
assures us that spam will be cured by sometime in 2006, so we only
have to hold out until then.)
--
bill-exim@??? (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119