Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:58:56 +0000, Nigel Metheringham
<Nigel.Metheringham@???> wrote:
>Is there a way of having the sarge version of exim3 marked as (strongly)
>deprecated - I'd prefer to go for getting it removed, but lets go for
>realistic targets?

The exim 3 packages could put up a warning like that, but displaying
it will be flamed as unnecessarily verboseing updates. You need to
discuss that with the exim 3 maintainer who is not part of the exim 4
team.

>I presume existing debian users that just follow the standard upgrade
>path will stay with exim3

Yes. If we did it differently, we would have been required by Debian
policy to leave the user with convert4r4's output automatically which
is discouraged by exim upstream.

The update policy says that the package needs to be functional after
the update without manual intervention, which is not possible with the
exim 3 => exim 4 update.

Greetings
Marc