Re: [exim] Authorizing smtp relay (only) for system users (w…

Author: Jeffrey B. Green
To: Marco, exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] Authorizing smtp relay (only) for system users (with tls)
Marco wrote:

>I have no knowledge in exim configuration, but I really need to
>configure my system (debian sarge with exim-tls 3.35-3woody3) to allow
>smtp relaying to (and only to) all my system users, using their user
>account password (and I wouldn't like to change exim config every time
>I create a user account).

To get you started right, there is no good way to set up exim-tls 3.35
at this point in time, as it is far too old. There are exim 4.34-10
packages available for Sarge, so I suggest the Exim-daemon-heavy
package, which may bring in the config and base packages as well. Read
through the documentation and become familiar with the configuration,
and the nuances of Debian configuration. You'll need this knowledge to
administer the mail system after installation. There are several example
files and helps in the archives and on the web site to help you.

Others here may chime in, but probably only after more specific
questions are asked to help with a partially working configuration. And
in no case will it be necessary to change configurations as user
accounts are created.

--
Best regards,

Jeffrey B. Green    Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com    Networking Las Vegas Since 1986