Re: [exim] Penalty Box - Caching Sebder Verify Data

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Penalty Box - Caching Sebder Verify Data
Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 14:49 -0600, Steven A. Reisman wrote:
>
>>Hmmm... how hard would it be to add dbmwrite capability.
>

> It would need syntax to be added to the exim side, and more in the way
> of locking etc.
>
> My inclination would be to not do this, but maybe add sqllite support to
> lookups - this should be really pretty easy to do, and give you full sql
> support. Sqllite would then be another package dependency (which might
> not please packagers).
>
>     Nigel.

Much as I live and breath SQL RDBMS I would vote *against* adding that
sort of complication to Exim core code or dependencies.

The existing msql, pgsql, oracle, etc tools can do anything SQL'ish that
makes sense (and a lot that probably should not be done as well!).

cdb, gdb, db'x' etc, do not need much in Exim that is not already there
or easily hooked or 'piped' to (AFAICS..)

'KISS' method suits. An 'optional' package, maybe.....

Exim can be complex enough with its own 'language'.

Bill