Re: [exim] Greylisting

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Greylisting
ok - that's interesting - but I think I'm already catching the spam that
would be affected by that with ACL rules. And the initial delays would
be an issue.

What I'm thinking about is sort of a "sin" based greylisting where I can
block message from a host for a period of time after receiving a few
spams. That way I'm taking the load off of the ones who want to stay
with me and keep pounding my domains with the same stuff. Once I
determine the host is sending a lot of spam or doing a dictionary attack
I can cut my load by ignoring them rather than processing the spam and
rejectinng it.

But - I'm going to look into this greylisting. Maybe I can adapt it.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com