Re: [exim] $recipients_count question

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] $recipients_count question
On 14 Feb 2005 at 15:31, Marc Perkel wrote about
    "[exim] $recipients_count question":

| Lets say everyone is running Exim and I'm at domain A sending a message
| to 20 people of which 10 are on domain B and 10 on domain C. All domains
| are hosted on separate servers.
|
| So - domain A will send 10 messages to domain B - or one message with 10
| recipients on domain B?

By default, one message with 10 recipients (RTFM max_rcpt option of
SMTP transport).

| On domain B - if I looked at the $recipients_count variable - would it
| be 10 - the number comming to server B - or 20 - the total number of
| recipients in the first place?

10. How would domain B know anything about recipients at other
domains?

| What I'm trying to understand if if I get a spam that is addresses to a
| lot of people - but is only addressed to 3 on my server - does
| $recipients_count show only the ones going to my server or all of them?

$recipients_count is a count of the number of RCPT TO: commands your
server received for this message. Unless the spammer is trying to
relay off you, this will only be the addresses in your domain.

- Fred