Re: [exim] Opt-In Spam rbl filtering in exim 3

Author: Steve Drees
To: peter
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] Opt-In Spam rbl filtering in exim 3

> > http://ironrangegeek.com/Exim3SpamFiltering
>
> Thanks for publishing this. But unfortunately, it's a very good
> example of how to implement accept-then-bounce spam filtering, which
> is very bad practice indeed.
>
> You shouldn't do this. You certainly shouldn't encourage other people
> to. Reject unwanted mail at SMTP time.

The rejection is based on inclusing in an RBL. Not all of these
inclusions are truly unwanted email. So, the dilemna becomes how do I
allow my customers to choose to not receive these messages while still
ensuring that no legitimate email is lost?

I'd love to be able to do this with a customized reject at SMTP time
but I think exim v3 lacks the facility to do this. (I may be wrong on
this. I'm sure someone will correct me shortly.)

--
Steve Drees
sdrees@???