Re: [exim] Why all my mails are SPAM

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: Pepo
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Why all my mails are SPAM
Pepo wrote:

> I've configured exim4 to send mails from my computer (Sarge-Debian)
> to internet, but now, all the servers that receive my messages
> (linuxmail.org, hotmail.com) consider they as SPAM, I show you my
> configuration and hope you can explain me which changes have to do to
> send like NO-spam.

As others mentioned, this is because you're sending directly from a
dynamic IP without reverse DNS, two things which many sites reject by
policy.

>     The second thing is that I am using dial-up and DDNS with dyndns:

> dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config
>
> * Split configuration into small files? -> no
> * General type of mail configuration -> internet site

This is what you want to change in debconf. Set it to smarthost. When
asksd for the smarthost site, enter your ISP's mail server. That will
route all your outgoing mail through your ISP.

A tip for the future, the dpkg-reconfigure output is all very Debian
specific. Most of the readers on this mailing list aren't Debian users,
and Debian's configuration system is quite different from the standard
distribution of Exim. So when asking questions on this list, always
refer to the contents of your "/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template" file, not
to the debconf settings. In the stock distribution, that file is called
exim.conf.

- Marc