Re: [exim] socket bind() errors, bad exim.conf possibly

Autor: Bill Hacker
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] socket bind() errors, bad exim.conf possibly
Andrew Osborn wrote:

> Yet another update.
> I do this command from the server:
> mail -s "Hello There" aosborn@???
> MESSAGE
> .
>
> And it sends an e-mail, though the router, to my gmail account.
> So....exim must be working right? My mainlog file shows it sending the
> messages just fine.
> But if I use my PHP script, or PHPNuke, it doesn't work. To get this
> far I just used a simple conf file I found online.
>
> Simple script:
> <?php
> mail("aosborn@???", "My Subject", "Line 1\nLine 2\nLine 3");
> ?>
>
> Never sends. Never gets to mainlog.
> That's my biggest problem. Have smaller easy fixable ones, but this is
> the most important. Case of a missing link to a file?

*SNIP*

The fact that 'mail .....' worked indicates it is finding exim.... so
missing link, not..
.. a case of missing *privileges* is what I would look for.

When you did the first test, one presumes you were logged-in as a
shell-account holder.

The second test, OTOH, was executed how? Via the web as the PHPNuke user?

Exim may not be seeing PHNuke as a valid local user, and/or PHP may not
be able to use the same 'mail..' executable..

You might want to check the PHPNuke 'How-to' on email problems, this is
not new .....

HTH

Bill Hacker

-