[exim] Distribution of SMTP message-size limits?

Author: Jan-Piet Mens
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Distribution of SMTP message-size limits?
We currently limit incoming messages to our domain at 4MB and have
been doing so for a number of years now. What I'd like to know is,
is that limit considered to be very low in terms of what other domains
allow? I've looked around a bit, and some domains have quite higher limits.

Is there a consensus on message limits on the Internet today, and/or
does anyone know of a list of domains and their limits? Perhaps you'd
be willing to share the value of your `message_size_limit' setting?

Thanks & regards,
    -JP