Re: [exim] allow headers_remove|add options to be given mult…

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] allow headers_remove|add options to be given multiple times
On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 21:14:12 +0000, Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:
>On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Marc Haber wrote:
>>
>> That's a bad hack and a horrible nightmare if you want to have that
>> inside a package.
>
>Why is it any more nightmarish than any other kind of ifdef soup?

Well, the ifdef soup is the idea of the original bug submitter. The
real Debian setup could use Macros and files, since we build the
config file from a number of small files anyway. That is much cleaner.

>In any case, Debian relies on auxiliary scripts to combine Exim
>configuration fragments into a working configuration file, so it's
>probably better for you to augment that script to combine multiple copies
>of the same option into one, and do the ifdeffing at combine time rather
>than run time.

That script is already way too complicated. If exim had had .include
and .ifdef when we started the package, we probably would have done
things quite differently.

Greetings
Marc