Re: [exim] Doco bug report and wishlist item

Author: Marc Sherman
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users, Russell Stuart
Subject: Re: [exim] Doco bug report and wishlist item
Tony Finch wrote:

> I think you're misdiagnosing the problem. If you have a large message
> or a message with lots of recipients which takes a long time to
> deliver, then while one queue runner is handling the message, other
> queue runners will skip over it and handle other messages.

I think the issue he's complaining about is that if there are 6 large
messages at the front of the queue, followed by 100 small messages, and
queue_run_max is the default of 5, then all 5 queue runners will be busy
sending the large messages for a long time, and the many small messages
will be delayed.

Perhaps an alternative solution would be for the queue to be sorted by
size instead of (or as well as, using configurable weighting constants) age.

- Marc