Re: [exim] Configure not liking ACL

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Configure not liking ACL
Doug wrote:

> 2005-02-03 09:49:27 Exim configuration error in line 13:
> main option "acl_smtp_scanned" unknown
>
> I get the above error when trying to add a custom ACL. I'm fairly
> sure the ACL is OK, but I'm not sure if statements for custom ACLs
> should maybe be placed elsewhere other than after the builtin
> acl_smtp_data ??
>
> Can anyone confirm or otherwise please?
>
> thanks,
>
> Doug

The actual 'body' of the acl needs to be placed where it is expected to
do its work, as they are (mostly) traversed sequentially, and in the
same sequence as an smtp session's progression.

Exim also expects you to name or 'map' your acls in 'main' before you
can use them.

Ergo an acl has to both 'exist' and be 'named'

Here is a snippet from one of my configure files.

The '38.2' is the Exim 4.4x spec section that covers this entry, a habit
that saves me time...:

# MAIN: Map Exim's core acl functions to our labels or use Exim's
directly. 38.2
#
acl_smtp_connect = acl_connect
acl_smtp_helo    = acl_helo