Re: [exim] protected addresses ACL

Author: Giles Constant
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] protected addresses ACL
On Wednesday 02 Feb 2005 17:22, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Giles Constant wrote:
> >
> > acl_smtp_rcpt:
> >   # blah blah
> >   accept local_part = lsearch;/path/protected-addresses
> >          endpass
> >          verify = recipient
> >          hosts = ${lookup{$address}lsearch{/path/protected-addresses}

> You need a }
>
> You can use $local_part_data instead of the ${lookup.
>
> I'm wondering why you think you need anything more, unless you were having
> syntax problems...

cheers :-)

To be honest, I made that email up as I went along :-) Ok, I'm nearly there..
I've split it up per domain for performance reasons, and I now have this:

-
accept  local_parts = lsearch;/path/$domain/protected-addresses
          endpass
          verify = recipient
          hosts =
{lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/path/$domain/protected-addresses}}
-
and this (foo.com/protected-addresses):
-
address1: 127.0.0.1 : 10.0.0.1
address2: 127.0.0.1 : etc..
-

This works until I use a domain for which there doesn't exist a
"protected-addresses" file. Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance,

Giles