Re: [exim] Dealing with dictionary attacks

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Jonathan Vanasco
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Dealing with dictionary attacks
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:03:23PM -0500,
Jonathan Vanasco <jvanasco@???> is thought to have said:

> We get about 3 dictionary attacks on our servers each day. Its really
> annoying.
>
> I'm trying to come up with a way to combat them -- can anyone drop me
> some pointers they use, or help me flesh out the following idea:
>
> Here's my proposed idea

Search the exim-users list archive for "teergrubing" or "tarpit". There
are some examples in the list archives using delay and $rcpt_fail_count to
increase the delay time based on the number of failed recipients.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality