Re: [exim] MAX EMAILS SENT PER HOUR FOR 1 USER ONLY

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
CC: ahighsmith
Subject: Re: [exim] MAX EMAILS SENT PER HOUR FOR 1 USER ONLY
On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 15:23 +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 ahighsmith@??? wrote:
>
> > I understand this, but what needs to be editted in exim.pl or exim.conf,
> > specifically to allow just one user to be exempt from the max emails per
> > hour limit in WHM?
>
> > > We don't know how WHM implements the restriction, so
> > > there's not much more we can do to help.

To expand on this.

exim.pl is some invention of your hosting system. We know absolutely
nothing about it; zilch, nada, zip!

Exim has no basic facilities to do rate limiting of emails. It can be
done using a set of hacks - requiring some form of updatable database
(which is not a standard feature). So what ever you have now is some
form of hack which we know nothing about.

We can't help. You need to talk to those that can.

    Nigel.