[exim] smarthost configuration

Author: jp
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] smarthost configuration
I've configured exim4 via debconf to use a smarthost. Our local domain
is judelawfirm.com but we have a remote smtp server that i want to use
as the smarthost.

I can send email to any domain _except_ judelawfirm.com. I'm almost
certain the problem is exim thinks judelawfirm.com is this local
machine. I sent a test email to test@judelaw... and it delivered to the
local account `test' that i setup.

This message is being sent on the same machine. (Just so you know I can
send out email to other domains besides our own.)

This is the error message i get:

  xxxx@???
      Unrouteable address

xxxx isn't a local account, as I mentioned earlier
`test@???' delivered mail to the `test' account on this
machine.

Here is my /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
192.168.1.167   development.judelawfirm.com     development

Here is my /etc/mailname:

judelawfirm.com

Here is my update-exim4.conf.conf:

# /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf
#
# Edit this file and /etc/mailname by hand and execute update-exim4.conf
# yourself or use 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config'

dc_eximconfig_configtype='smarthost'
dc_other_hostnames=''
dc_local_interfaces='127.0.0.1'
dc_readhost='judelawfirm.com'
dc_relay_domains=''
dc_minimaldns='false'
dc_relay_nets=''
dc_smarthost='mail.judelawfirm.com'
CFILEMODE='644'
dc_use_split_config='false'
dc_hide_mailname='false'

I think this is all the information necessary, if it's not please let me
know and I'll make another post including it.

Thanks in advance,

J.P.