Re: [exim] Exim and SSH Tunneling

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim and SSH Tunneling
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:47:14 -0800, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> If I use the local_interfaces = command to restrict the IP addresses
> that Exim listens on - can I then use SSH tunneling to forward port 25
> on one of my other IP addresses to another host?

Yes, you can do that, but depending on your
configuration/requirements, you will lose some flexibility - all
connections to Exim through the tunnel will appear from 127.0.0.1, so
you won't be able to ACL based on IP address.

Check your relay configuration carefully, make sure you're not
allowing relay from localhost - instant open relay from the other end
of the tunnel.

Peter