Re: [exim] Very long delay after RCPT

Author: Ben Giddings
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Very long delay after RCPT
On Jan 27, 2005, at 05:57, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Ben Giddings wrote:
>>
>> The problem is the long time between "RCPT TO:" and the response
>> (11s), in
>> this case apparently causing a timeout. I've tried the same message
>> again,
>> and although there a long time again (17s), this time the message was
>> sent.
>
> Eleven seconds is MUCH shorter than the minimum SMTP timeout of five
> minutes. You weren't very clear about whether Exim is being the client
> or the server, and what other software is involved.

The client is Mozilla thunderbird, Exim is the SMTP server it's
connecting to, and it's doing local delivery, so no other software is
involved, as far as I know. (I'm confused though, how could Exim be
the client?)

Anyhow, from the error message, it looks like it's not Thunderbird
which is giving up after 11s, but Exim.

Ben