Re: [exim] FW: dnslists : Mysql Lookup

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] FW: dnslists : Mysql Lookup
Michael wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm using MySQL to obtain a list of RBL Servers to check incoming mail
> against does anyone know of a way to modify the query to return more than 1
> result which is readable by exim
>
>     RBL_SERVERS = SELECT DISTINCT rbl_server_host FROM rbl_servers
>     dnslists = ${lookup mysql{RBL_SERVERS}}

>     2005-01-27 09:08:42 dnslists domain "sbl.spamhaus.org
> cbl.abuseat.org"     contains strange characters - is this right?

Suggest you first take an 'interim' step - pull the lookup from your DB
into a text file by manually running the SQL call.

Take a look at that file with the Mark One human eyeball, and see if the
format would be readable by Exim.

If not, alter your SQL call until it produces something that *would*
make sense to Exim.

W/R 'more than one result' - so long as it looks like a block of text
that Exim can handle it should work.
You may have to insert delimiters or newlines to match what Exim expects.

SQL calls can concatentate multiple fields with and without inserting
characters between them,

i.e.:  select  db_local_part||'@'||db_domain .......    will produce
things like     'example@???'

HTH