Re: [exim] Newbie 2 with lost of questions

Author: Ian FREISLICH
To: dale
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Newbie 2 with lost of questions
Dale Gibbs wrote:
> Good day all
> I am new at this aswell so bear with me please
> I have a existing mail server running Exim3 with Mailman 2 no problem
> (NOTE: I didnt set it up). Because of different parties splitting
> themselves I have to setup a
> new machine on which I have installed Exim 4 with Mailman 2.1.5 and the
> O/S is FreeBSD 5.3 Release.(I did it with the portinstall)
> I have installed apache and setup a list fine but now I need to get my
> mail working. Is it possible some way to configure exim to use the
> existing Mail server to route mail to the new machine and if so how
> would i do it.

You need to setup a router (director in exim 3) that uses the new
server as a smart host. Something like the following (exim 4 syntax):

smart_route:
driver = manualroute
domains = !+local_domans
route_data = new.server.name
transport = remote_smtp

You will need to put this router quite near the top of the routers
section so that it gets run before other routers that would handle
the mail. If you want this router to run unconditionally, remove
the the domains line, but beware of the consequences of doing so.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich