Re: [exim] Is this against any rules in the RFCs?

Página Inicial
Autor: Bill Hacker
Para: David Woodhouse
CC: Odhiambo G. Washington, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Is this against any rules in the RFCs?
David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 11:42 +0300, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
>
>>I would like to know if there are reasons why the spf records are not
>>visible. I know this is now getting OT, but SPF remain WT (withing
>>Topic), no? ;)
>

> Not really. Exim is a mail server which implements SMTP in accordance
> with RFC2821 and other standards. SPF is not compatible with those same
> standards, and not compatible with the way that email works throughout
> the world today. I don't think it's particularly relevant here.

Relevant only in the sense that Wash' experience adds one more log to the
fire on which SPF ought be burnt and the ashes scattered.

I'm a believer in 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.... but SPF *IS* broke,
and even a joint effort by every MTA-coder on planet Earth is not going
to change that.

The need is real. The concept is flawed. The delivery ... simply *isn't*...

It should be shut OFF/ OUT until something actually useful comes to
replace it.
If ever..

Bill