Re: [exim] Duplicate Messages Being Downloaded When Stored o…

Autor: Simon Beale
A: Jerry Moore
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Duplicate Messages Being Downloaded When Stored on Server
> I have an inconsistent problem with customers who leave mail on the
> server having everything re download every few days. When I look through
> my logs I don't really have a lot to go on. It simply shows them logging
> in and getting a large amount of mail.
> Have other Exim users encountered this before? Is it a simple
> configuration issue that I missed?

Hit a similar sounding problem recently. Turned out to be issues with
Microsoft POP3 clients. See if any of these MS KB article IDs fit what
you're seeing:

Outlook2003:    885870
Outlook2002:    888238
OutlookExpress:    314578

If they do, the relevant hotfixes were easy to get out of MS and solved
the problem for my users.

Simon