Re: [exim] SMTP connection time out error

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP connection time out error
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:14:41 +0000 Matt <math@???> wrote:

> Bryan wrote:

> > Wathguard Firebox on the other end and a Cisco router with a very
> > restrictive access list on our side.

> The smtp fixup option on the Cisco's, (if enabled), is prone to causing
> various problems with smtp. It may not be the cause, but it usually is
> worth checking.

if it's turned on, it will without question prevent esmtp from working. various
other things break as well.

to test, from outside, telnet to port 25 on the mail server. if the
banner is mostly obscured with ***, then you need to turn smtp fixup
off.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???