Re: [exim] Suggested POP3 Server

Autor: Johannes Berg
A: Marc Sherman
CC: exim-users, Bill Hacker
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Suggested POP3 Server
On Sa, 2005-01-22 at 09:54 -0500, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Hrm. That sounds like a nice advantage. How do those folders show up
> in the Maildir filesystem?

/path/to/Maildir/
   cur,tmp,new - maildir stuff
   .folder     - folder named "folder"
   .folder.sub - folder in "folder" named "sub"
   [...]       - some extra index files, especially there's
                 .INBOX too to hold the indizes for the inbox.

> I'm currently using courier-imap; is there a reasonable migration
> path?
> Do existing maildirs (including deeply nested folders) created by
> courier-imap need to be modified by hand in any way for use with
> dovecot?

I don't know how they look like, sorry.

> How about shared folders? Courier's shared folders support has always
> been its weakest link, IMO.

I think there's ongoing work. If you want to migrate and are happy right
now, I'd suggest waiting for the 1.0 release dovecot is going to have
sooner or later, I'm smoothly running a pre-release on my server (needed
some stuff the old version couldn't do).

johannes