Re: [exim] Add a header when reverse DNS fails or defers?

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: Walt Reed
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Add a header when reverse DNS fails or defers?
Walt Reed wrote:

> I use this snippit, which works in both cases.
>
>   warn    condition     = ${if eq {$sender_host_name}{}{yes}{no}}
>           message = X-Spam-Note: No RDNS

> If you want a different message for the timeout versus no RDNS
> exists cases, I don't know how to do that.

Hi Walt. I know this is an old message, hope you still remember this
conversation from December.

Doesn't the above condition also trigger on locally-submitted messages?

I'm trying a variation, using:

    ${if eq {$host_lookup_failed}{1}{yes}{no}}

It looks like that should get set to 1 for any failure, including a
defer, but still be 0 for local submissions.

Philip, would you consider a wishlist to add something like "defer =
fail" to the warn ACL statement, to cause it to consider a defer as a
failure instead of a (pseudo-)success?

Thanks for the help,
- Marc