Re: [exim] Help with ACL

Author: Ruth Ivimey-Cook
To: 'Odhiambo Washington'
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help with ACL
Hi,

>> some badly behaved hosts (I think) which I have to work around for the

moment.

>Hehee, you need a test box! Anyway people do this all the time only to
>realize a bit later that "you did it".

I know - I just don't have enough kit to set it up.

>This is something to do with reverse_host_lookup

I thought as much, but it wasn't producing the message I expected.

>>   #deny      message    = reverse DNS lookup failed for host

$sender_host_address.
>>   #      !verify    = reverse_host_lookup

>Well, you have commented it out. That is what brought the error you gave
>above.

Sorry, the commenting was indeed after the error.

However, why didn't my escape clause - noverify-hosts - work?

>> and the file noverify-hosts file includes the lines:
>>
>> #Totaljobs
>> *.totaljobs.co.uk
>> *.totaljobsmail.co.uk

>> Hoping you can help...
>

>Well, the best advise you need is at the following site:
>
>http://slett.net/spam-filtering-for-mx/

I've read this, and much of what I did was based on the stuff there.
However,
I didn't want to be as tough as this guy was - in particular I didn't want
do the envelope address modifications as it didn't seem to be worth the
reward, for me.

>If that does not suffice, then come back to the list. There are more
>ways to skin the rat called "spam".

Thanks,

Ruth

--