Re: [exim] Re: copy/unseen - where to plug the code?

Author: Alon
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: copy/unseen - where to plug the code?
First let me address the 'problem':

Yes. You are correct, I have a specific domain that has 9 email addresses
and the CTO of the company want to
keep an eye on all outbound traffic that originates from the SMTP of my
server.

He is aware of the fact that this will increase his own mailbox (or a
designated mailbox) dramatically, but that is
a non-issue in this case.

It need to be Bcc'ed /secret dump, call it at any name. This is legitimate
business need, and the users are
aware of the 'spying' process as this is a brokerage firm and ever since the
Enron ordeal, everyone is
very careful about their business and that company wants to comply with the
SEC or whatever agency that
govern this medium.

So going back to basic:

I have hundreds of domains on the server.
ONLY that particular domain has the need for this secret dumps.
It should all funnel to a designated email account.

So that's the 'business need'.

Second,. for the advise I recieved from Peter about hiring someone,.. or not
using this usergroup I don't think that
is the right thing to do. I do want to learn some of this tweaking myself,
and I am technical to some degree
(I do use SSH to run around the in the server and tweak things), but please
don't expect everyone to learn how to
run and tweak every service of their servers. Its just not practical or
economical.

For that reason, I turn first to this group in hope to get some counsel
about how to 'quick fix' issues, and possibly
if this is a very complex issue,. I may suggest to pay money to someone to
comeon in an tweak things.
I don't believe this is a complex issue and this has been hammered so many
times, there is got to be a
sample code out there, and if there isn't it begs the question why not.

But to go out and suggest to hire someone before even attempting to help me
with a single line of code?
I'm not being offered a solution, I'm being offered a 'get out' option and I
don't think that's very friendly and
certainly I wouldn't expect that from a user-support forum/group. That plain
offensive.
Either you don't want to provide a known solution, or you don't know the
answer. Either answer is legitimate.

Please give yourself some credit and realize that if someone is running a
production server with thousands of users
has some kind of an idea of what they do. The fact that I can mess things
up, or don't know exim specifics doesn't imply
that I'm not experienced or can't do things on my own.

So much for my rant.

- Alon
js@???