RE: [exim] SMTP Transport: Try different interfaces

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jan-Peter Koopmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] SMTP Transport: Try different interfaces
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:

> > host). Is this possible somehow and if not could this be
> > added to the whish list please?
>
> I would be willing to patch this myself. Just one hint: How do I get
> an additional parameter like fallback_interface in the transport
> section parsed and delivered to smtp.c? Where should I look?

I haven't looked at the code in connection with this yet. However, the
"interface" parameter is already a list. Exim uses the first item that
is of the correct type (IPv4 or IPv6). So you don't need to add a new
parameter, just modify the code to try the next interface in the list.
However, I can't say how easy that is without looking at the code. Exim
is now far, far too big to keep it all in my head. :-)