Re: [exim] SMTP Authentication

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP Authentication
On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 04:02:10AM -0800, Karim Sobh said:
> Hi, I have an EXIM mail server and for some reason it does not enforce
> authentication in all cases, in some cases it return "need
> authorization" if tried to send an email without being authenticated
> and some other times it allow for send ing fake email.
>

> Does anyone help me try to figure it out ???

Exim will accept messages based on what you tell it accept, so take a
look at your acl's, and look hard at all the 'accept' lines. Also try
running a few sessions with debugging turned on (-d, check the man page
for possible options) to see exactly what is triggering the accept.

HTH,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Dirksen's Three Laws of Politics:  (1)  |
|  steve@???             | Get elected.  (2) Get re-elected.  (3)  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Don't get mad, get even.   -- Sen.      |
|                       | Everett Dirksen                         |