[exim] Re: Message-ID header rewriting

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: Message-ID header rewriting
On 2005-01-15 Peter Denison <peterd@???> wrote:
> For a while I've been thinking about extending header rewriting to the
> Message-ID header, so as to not leak information about my internal network
> out through the mail gateway. (If you are an anti-rewriting zealot, please
> stop reading now!)

[...]
> (CC'd to debian maintainers and Jan-Peter as interested parties)

[...]

FWIW I (debian maintainer) would not claim to be a "interested party".
;-) We will not patch it out again if Phil includes it in exim, but we
will not apply it to the Debian packages if Phil denies. Imho the
benefits of rewriting the message-ids simply dwarf against the
downsides.
                cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"