RE: [exim] Testing an interesting spam catching theory

Author: . kibble .
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Testing an interesting spam catching theory

>On: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:53:52 Marc Perkel Wrote:
>
>I have a theory that if a person ran a bayesian filter only on the headers
>that it would be more accurate that running it on the body of the message
>as well. And - I'm in the process of trying to test it using spamprobe but
>feeding spamprobe only headers. I'm using Spam Assassin to select the
>headers that it will auto train on.
>
>If it works - I will share with all.

I have a piece of code [compiled in with the local_scan API] which depends
on MySQL, DSPAM and ClamAV, although currently it scans the entire mail
message [in mbox format], I can quiet easily adapt it to scan either the
whole message, headers only, or body only…

Not sure if that would be of any interest to you, or if the complications of
compiling local_scan and the extra ‘configurational’ [<- if that’s such a
word] changes are worth the overall out come… Maybe useful to those who are
starting a fresh and want virtual users in a MySQL database would find this
of some use ?

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger