Re: [exim] Updated 4.50 snapshot

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Updated 4.50 snapshot
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Can you give us a link to the snapshot? What changed since last time?

The usual link:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.gz.sig

Er, having now overwritten the last one, I'm afraid I've lost the
precise information. Grab the new one and compare the ChangeLogs. But I
guess it must be everything after the security fixes, namely:

69. Fixed some compiler warnings in acl.c for the bitmaps specified with
    negated items (that is, ~something) in unsigned ints. Some compilers
    apparently mutter when there is no cast.

70. If an address verification called from an ACL failed, and did not produce a
    user-specific message (i.e. there was only a "system" message), nothing was
    put in $acl_verify_message. In this situation, it now puts the system
    message there.

71. Change 4.23/11 added synchronization checking at the start of an SMTP
    session; change 4.31/43 added the unwanted input to the log line - except
    that it did not do this in the start of session case. It now does.

72. After a timeout in a callout SMTP session, Exim still sent a QUIT command.
    This is wrong and can cause the other end to generate a synchronization
    error if it is another Exim or anything else that does the synchronization
    check. A QUIT command is no longer sent after a timeout.

Ah, but that's not all. I tidied up some things related to earlier
fixes. For example, making the LDAP change conditional on the existence
of the relevant macro (fixes of problems reported for the earlier
snapshot).