Re: [exim] Postfix vs Exim

Author: Oliver Egginger
To: David R. Patterson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Postfix vs Exim
> He says it is way easier to configure...

That's a matter of opinion.

> I thought Id ask
> if anyone knows any advantages or disadvantages
> of postfix over exim or vice versa.

Postfix isn't monolithic like exim. This may be a benefit in some cases.
Both MTAs are under rapid development. If you are interested in modern
MTAs you have to keep track of recent changes for both projects. Current
Exim has a couple of advantages, if you like to integrate virus and spam
checking with your MTA. See Exims current snapshot for details.

- oliver

--
Oliver Egginger
FH Giessen-Friedberg