[exim] Rewrite single address to multiple-addresses

Author: Henrik Anderson
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Rewrite single address to multiple-addresses
Hi,

I'm facing the problem, that I'd like to rewrite a local address to two (later on maybe
more) remote addresses.
Background: I'm running a Bugzilla-Server that creates eMails to fake local addresses
(e.g. "foo"). I can't use the users' proper mail-addresses as login, so I have to use
this hack. These addresses are mapped in /etc/email-addresses to the users' real eMail-
addresses (e.g. foo: foo.bar@???). The rewrite rules cause all header (and
envelope) fields to be overridden. Exim then sends the eMails to a smarthost (our
dedicated mailhost). This works like a charm for normal accounts.
If I try to map a single fake account (baz) to two or more remote addresses, I run into
problems. The entry "baz: baz.mumble@???, baz.mumble@???" doesn't work. I
gladly admit that I am a bit confused by /etc/aliases and /etc/email-addresses. So
there's hoping that I'm just missing something obvious.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Henrik

Voice Messages, Voice Calls (VoIP), Video Conferencing, http://www.xmail.net
Anonymous SSL Web Surfing, http://www.snoopblocker.com