Re: [exim] discard and log_message

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Michael F. Sprague
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] discard and log_message
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Michael F. Sprague wrote:

> "If the log_message modifier is set when discard operates, its contents are
> added to the line that is automatically written to the log."
>
> Yet this does not seem to be true and I found several references in the list
> archives. There is a workaround by using a warn before the discard so it's
> not a major issue, I'm just curious if I'm reading the docs wrong or not.

I've now looked at this. It turns out that there is a test in my test
suite that checks this feature, and "it works for me". Therefore, you
must be doing something differently to my straightforward test. Please
send me the configuration that you are using when this does not work,
and the logging output that it provokes.

Regards,
Philip