Re: [exim] Securing Email for the prying eyes of any governm…

Autor: Exim User's Mailing List
A: Andrew Nimmo
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Securing Email for the prying eyes of any government
[ On Wednesday, January 12, 2005 at 12:07:03 (+0100), Andrew Nimmo wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [exim] Securing Email for the prying eyes of any government
>
> new scientist has an article and link to these people:
>
> http://www.ciphirebeta.com/
>
> haven't tried it yet.

Looks like it's another attempt to usurp public protocols and to
implement a private, proprietary, certificate-based public key
encryption and signature system, complete with their own CA and all.
They claim their users don't have to trust them, but I think you'd have
to someone as smart as Bruce Schneier to be able to figure out if
they're lying or not.

Just get PGP or GPG or whatever and still with well know, tried and
true, and trusted, software that already does exactly what's wanted.

(and these Ciphire folks lie about how PGP works (they ignore the web of
trust) and they try to claim it's hard to use)

--
                        Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@???>