Re: [exim] problem with exim_dbmbuild

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sujit Choudhury
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] problem with exim_dbmbuild
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Sujit Choudhury wrote:

> Some ideas with multiple versions will really be helpful.

On my workstation:

$ ls /usr/include/db*
/usr/include/db.h@ /usr/include/db_185.h@

/usr/include/db1:
db.h mpool.h ndbm.h

/usr/include/db3:
db.h db_185.h db_cxx.h

/usr/include/db4:
cxx_common.h cxx_except.h db.h db_185.h db_cxx.h

/usr/include/db4.1:
cxx_common.h cxx_except.h db.h db_185.h db_cxx.h

In other words, I have 4 versions installed, and that doesn't count
gdbm...

The trick is to make sure they are all installed in clearly defined
places, and to be explicit in your setting of INCLUDE and DBMLIB in your
Local/Makefile. For example:

USE_DB=yes
INCLUDE=-I/usr/include/db4
DBMLIB=/usr/lib/libdb-4.0.a