Re: [exim] check_helo_slow?

Author: Wakko Warner
To: j2
CC: David, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] check_helo_slow?
j2 wrote:
> > # HELO does not resolve to ip
> >
> >   deny    condition     = ${if eq {$acl_m9}{}{no}{yes}}
> >           message       = Forged HELO: you are $sender_host_address\n\
> >                           please don't pretend to be $sender_helo_name
> >           log_message   = Forged HELO: HELO does not match client ip

> It works, but if i need an exception for a few hosts, and do not want to do
> an "accept hosts" at the top of the ACL, what can i do? Thanks heaps so far
> tho!

If you want to exclude for specific hosts on this one deny statement, you
can use !hosts = somehost before the first condition. "somehost" can be a
lookup, a hostname, an IP, or a file containing hostnames and/or IPs.

On my system, I basically have 1 IP exclusion list. I have not seen a real
need to have multiples.

I personally recommend that message and log_message come before the
conditions. I have noticed on some occations that the (log_)message was
never set because of optimizations.