Re: [exim] Relay to multiple servers depending on the From: …

Autor: Borrajudo en Zanderberd
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Relay to multiple servers depending on the From: in the header
Tony Finch wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Borrajudo en Zanderberd wrote:
>

>>The thing is that Postfix doesn't allow to make (autenticated) relay to
>>different servers depending on the "From: " directive in the header.
>>I've heard that Exim does, but I haven't been able to discover how.
>>

>Yes, it can,

PERFECT, that what I was hoping to hear!!

>though it might be nicer to use the return path. This would
>depend on you either submitting your email via SMTP (so that
>your MUA sets the return path) or configuring Exim so that your username
>is in the trusted_users list. If you really want to use the From: header
>then the following will require some tricky fiddling.
>
>What you can do is add a couple of routers at the start of the routers
>section in the default configuration. The default dnslookup router will be
>used if you aren't sending from your Yahoo! or Terra addresses.
>
>from_yahoo:
>  driver     = manualroute
>  domains    = !+local_domains
>  senders    = borrajax_listas@??? : borrajax@???
>  route_data = smtp.correo.yahoo.es
>  transport  = remote_smtp

>from_terra:
>  driver     = manualroute
>  domains    = !+local_domains
>  senders    = hector@???
>  route_data = mailhost.terra.es
>  transport  = remote_smtp

>Then you need to set up authentication. In the main part of the
>configuration file, set:
>
>hosts_require_auth = smtp.correo.yahoo.es : mailhost.terra.es
>
>Then you need to configure the authentication mechanism(s). This might
>depend on what your ISPs support, but the following should be sufficient
>if added to the authenticators section of the configuration file:
>
>LOGIN:
>  driver      = plaintext
>  client_send = ${if eq{$sender_address}{borrajax_listas@???} \
>                     {: borrajax_listas : PASSWORD} \
>                     {${if eq{$sender_address}{borrajax@???} \
>                           {: borrajax : PASSWORD} \
>                           {${if eq{$sender_address}{hector@???} \
>                                 {: hector : PASSWORD} \
>                                 fail }} }} }

>Tony.

First of all thank you for your great answer. Very nice for people that
(like me) don't know very much (well... nothing) about the config file.
I am very thankful with the time you've spended explaining all that,
(and personalized with my servers, usernames...). Thank you!!

The thing is that if I do that, when I compose a mail with Mutt I get
(when I try to send it) this:

Exim configuration error
    option "hosts_require_auth" unknown in line 290

If I comment the line 290, or change it from position, I get another
error (I suposse It shows the first error found). This one:

Exim configuration error
    router from_yahoo: cannot find router driver "manualroute" in line 355

My exim's version is the 3.36-11 (Sarge's one), and I think the current
version today is 4.43. Could it be due to that? (I've investigated a
little and I have understood that it could be for the versions). If it's
for that, I'll download the last version and I'll try to compile it.

Anyway, supossing that I download and compile successfuly the exim 4.43,
where do I have to put the directive: hosts_require_auth =
smtp.correo.yahoo.es : mailhost.terra.es?. I've seen some samples and it
puts it in the "remote_smtp:" part, i mean, having something like

remote_smtp:
    driver = smtp
    hosts_require_auth = smtp... : mailhost...

Thank you (again and in advance)