Re: [exim] Questions about delay / teergrubing

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John W. Baxter
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Questions about delay / teergrubing
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, John W. Baxter wrote:

> On 12/27/2004 17:10, "Christian Stiller" <exim.calvin@???> wrote:
>
> > - it seems like executing "exiwhat" will cancel all current delays.
> > E.g., when I delay for 5 minutes, but someone runs exiwhat 10 seconds
> > into the delay, exim seems to go on with this connection instead of
> > waiting till the 5 minutes are over. Is this intended? Is there any
> > other tool I could use that does keep the delays "running"?
>
> Check the change log. There was a recent change which overcame the fact--if
> I recall correctly--that if exiwhat was executed frequently enough delays
> were never ending.

Not quite right; the change was for a different circumstance, namely,
when Exim was waiting for a response to an SMTP command (with a
timeout).

I will take a look at the ACL delay situation and see if it can be
improved, but note that exiwhat was never designed as something to be
run regularly. It is intended as an occasional one-off for an admin to
use when trying to figure out what Exim is doing.