[exim] Problem with emails sent by php4

Autor: Wiesiek
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Problem with emails sent by php4
Hi

I use debian sarge (testing) with exim 4.34 + PHP4.

I send mail with use mail function: www.php.net/mail

its works, but not as I want

I create my own From, To, subject and "user-defined" headers.
Mail function use "sendmail -io".
Emails send was send from: www-data@mydomain (from mainlog), but From and To headers are other.

Now I change sendmail params to: "sendmail -io -f <my@email>", but exim still send mail from: www-data@mydomain.

How I can change it ? I have a forum, and when user enter wrong account (for example non-exist or domain has incorrect or somting else), then I want to remove that emails from my database, but mails sent to www-data@mydomain is not what I want.

I know... I can use SMTP class, but why exim 4 sent always from www-data?
This user is not in trusted_users list.
I checked header, All is ok, but return-path was set to www-data@mydomain.

I don't know how I change it. Rewrite seems to not support it. I had standard config + auth.

This sample:

$message = "This is sample body";
$headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";
$headers .= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\r\n";
$headers .= "From: Test <sample@???>";
mail("dest@???", "Sample subject", $message, $headers,"-io -f my@email");

in exim mail was sent from www-data@mydomain
in other MTA (like postfix, qmail, sendmail) was sent from: <my@email>