Re: [exim] greylisting question

Autor: Marc MERLIN
A: Andrew
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] greylisting question
On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 03:27:26PM +1100, Andrew wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a question about how grey-listing handles multiple rcpt's (to a
> single address) -
>
> eg (SMTP transaction)
> helo me.me
> mail from: me@???
> rcpt to: userx@???
> rcpt to: usery@???
> rcpt to: userxy@???

I actually made the choice in my implementation (based on SpamAssassin),
to accept the mail if any of the tuplets made with the receipients is
whitelisted.
Not only does it solve your problem, but I also believe it is the
correct thing to do: greylisting isn't about delaying mail no matter
what, but to stop spam.
If one of the tuplets already received mail, the sending mail server
will resend to all the other ones sooner or later, so you might as well
accept it now

See:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/files/sa-exim-cvs/Greylisting.pm
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/files/sa-exim-cvs/README.greylisting