[exim] Exim4 config help

Autor: Ishwar Rattan
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Exim4 config help

I installed ProMepis and it comes with default MTA exim4.
I do not have any experience with exim4 (and would like to
learn a little). My requirements are simple:
send mail out via department mail-server (outgoing e-mail
is controlled) and receive mail directly from sender (from
remote hosts/domains).

I tried the deafult configuration, it allows me to send
mail to user on same machine. When mail is sent to another
box in same domain, it returns with message:

  ishwar@???
    Mailing to remote domains not supported

Can anybody tell me what to change/add tp /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template
to achive my goal?

-ishwar