Re: [exim] Will paypal someone $30 to send me the config for…

Autor: Terry
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Will paypal someone $30 to send me the config for making a copy of all inbound/outbound email through exim...

> Hello,
>
> For one of the domains on my server I need to set it up in the exim config
> so it makes a copy of all inbound and outbound emails for all the accounts
> for that domain.
>
> This is the closest thing I could find to what I want to do:
> http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20011119/032388.html
>
> I just need it setup for all email for the one domain on the server.
>
> Please send me the lines I should paste into my exim.conf and also let me
> know where I should paste them.
>
> I really need this ASAP so I will be happy to paypal you $30 for the
> config.
>
> Thanks!!
> Aaron Shively
>

> --

If you have just one domain to handle, this is trivial using
shadow_transport. But in this case, I will demonstrate "backup" of
incoming mail only.

On your local_delivery transport, add the following two lines:

 shadow_transport     = backup_delivery
 shadow_condition     =
${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/mail_backup_users}{1}{0}}

Now create the backup_delivery transport, and it should be something
like below:

backup_delivery:
 driver               = appendfile
 delivery_date_add
 envelope_to_add
 file                 = /Mail-backup/${substr_0_7:$tod_log}/${local_part}
 mode                 = 0600
 user                 = exim
 group                = mail
 return_path_add

As root,

mkdir /Mail-backup
chown -R exim_user /Mail-backup    # exim_user is obtained by exim -bP exim_user

The file /usr/local/etc/exim/mail_backup_users contains a list of
local_parts for which you want to make backup copies. If you want to do
for everyone, then comment out the condition above.

Now what happens is that every month, you will get a file like
/Mail-backup/2004-02/luciano - this file is in mbox format. You can
stash that away to some device at the end of every month, then blow away
/Mail-backup/2004-02/. If for some reason luciano wants his mails for
the month of February 2004, and you have procmail installed, you can
do something like

formail -s sendmail lucian@xxxxxxxxxxx <
/path/to/where/you-kept/2004-02/luciano

Also the link is there http://redlight.org.uk/bsd/exim/exim%20backup.html