Re: [exim] Append an HTML to outgoing Email

Autor: Matt
A: exim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Append an HTML to outgoing Email
Usman Ghani wrote:

> I will ask mailserver admin to try this utility on Linux Machine where
> we have exim running.

No problem. The url, BTW, is:

http://www.pldaniels.com/altermime/

Or, you can also use ed, which should already be installed on most *nix
machines. The type of shell script you would need to insert a disclaimer
with that would be:

(This would be the script the pipe transport called/feeds to)

#!/bin/sh
#
cat > tmpfile;
. /path/to/disclaimer.sh > /dev/null 2>&1;
sendmail -f$sender $recipient < tmpfile

(This would be the disclaimer.sh script)

#!/bin/sh
#
disclaimer=/path/to/disclaimer.txt
#
ed -s tmpfile << disclaimer
$
r ${disclaimer}
.
wq
disclaimer

The disclaimer.txt file would then contain the text which you wish to
append to the email. I would strongly recommend, BTW, to use plain text
rather than html. The (debatable) purpose of a disclaimer is to be seen on
every mail. There are plenty more like I, however, who do not preview html
content, or use command line text clients.

Also, the first script is VERY basic. You would want to build in a
tempfail.

Matt